POSITION OBJECTIVE :
Responsible for the day-to day operations of the Spa, Recreation and Fitness to include: establishing and meeting the budget and financial goals of the organization, implementing a strategic plan to include marketing initiatives and staff training, acting as the liaison to other revenue centers on property, and professionally represents the facility. Uses the ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed guest expectations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures that service standards are kept at a high level for guests by maintaining the standards set in Spa SOPs and service standards, Vision Statement, Core Values and Brand Promises.
- Maintains a fully staffed department by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Assesses all employees progress continually, trains employees with positive reinforcement and disciplines fairly and consistently, participates in annual performance evaluations, and assists in the termination process when necessary.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques and surveys. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Creates and implements an effective marketing and public relations strategy and business plan in a timely manner.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of staff and makes necessary changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures the successful integration of the spa, recreation and fitness departments into the overall operations of the resort.
- Ensures that the spa is successfully positioned within the respective marketplace by completing a competitive analysis and determining strengths and weaknesses of all significant competitors.
- Provides necessary financial information to corporate and the clients accounting department for accurate reporting of daily sales and financial performance.
- Ensures that financial goals are attained by developing and implementing a retail sales plan. Establishes service and retail goals for staff and provides guidance on how to achieve them.
- Develops a schedule of seasonal utilization patterns to be used in the budgeting process and effective payroll management.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting in accordance with the company standards.
- Develops and maintains accurate maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
- Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and products.
- Assist with writing articles or press releases for the Spa when applicable.
- Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
- Ensures appropriate Spa supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system.
- Implements a strategy to contact conference groups and promotes spa services to attendees.
- Specifies and controls efficient usage of professional products for all services by completing a service cost analysis and implementing an inventory control system.
- Ensures an effective inventory system with the par stock levels implemented for spa, recreation and fitness equipment and supplies.
- Ensures compliance with all state licensing and health requirements.
- Provides reservation procedures using spa software or a manual reservation system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or comparable spa management experience
- 7+ years of successful spa management experience.
- At least 4 years' experience as a Spa Director in a luxury resort setting.
- Knowledge of professional spa services and treatments.
- Knowledge of retail operations and inventory systems.
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Creative in marketing and promotions.
- Sales oriented.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient in spa software (IDS,Spa Biz, SpaSoft or Visual One) and Microsoft Office products.
- CPR/First Aid Certified.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Travel / Hotels / Restaurants / Airlines / Railways
Functional Area: Beauty/Fitness/Spa Services
Role Category: Beauty Services
Role: Beauty Manager/Beautician
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time