Human Resource Manager
Job Description: OBJECTIVE:
The Human Resources head facilitates the business operations at the Unit level and is responsible for areas of Recruiting, Employee Relations, Benefits, Events, Workers Compensation and other employee-related tasks. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for Unit level alignment of HR functions with business strategy of the organization.
- Cascading the Vision, Mission &Values of the Company to all the employees across the Unit. (KRA)
- Preparation of the HR budget &maintaining the HR costs within the approved budgeted limits(KRA)
- To ensure that the company HR operational policies and SOPS are communicated to all employees and adhered to.
- To ensure that the manpower compliment is submitted to Corporate Office as per stipulated date -8th of every Month (KRA).
- Preparation of the Unit MIS related to HR & Training and communicating to corporate office by 6th of every Month.
- To complete the selection process of staff up to S4 Level in the Unit.
- Ensure that the monthly salaries process is completed by the 3rd of every Month (KRA).
- To ensure that the employee grievances are addressed without delay.
- To ensure that the performance reviews are done on an annual basis & compile the ratings ,and send the recommendation of RM,HOD along with the Corporate Observer with regards to Transfer, Promotions to the Corporate office.
- Ensuring the adherence of the discipline in the Unit.
- Strict adherence of Training Calendar Schedules at the Unit level as per the corporate guidelines and ensure that every employee will complete the minimum mandatory training hours. (KRA)
- Ensure that the grooming standards are strictly monitored and corrected .
- Implement corporate policies and procedures on compensation, incentive, bonus and benefits.
- Continually assesses employee morale by analyzing absenteeism and turnover records, lateness and resignations.
- Coordinate and oversee all matters related to staff facilities controls and inspects staff canteen, accommodation, rest rooms etc. ensuring it is of the highest possible standard of cleanliness and comfort.
- Coordinate employee wellness and safety programs.
- Conduct training needs analysis along with the HODS and communicate to the corporate.
- Encourages a good standard of employee conduct and behavior
- Assist in communication of key messages to all staff..
- Assists other department heads / HOD's in the formulation of HR policies and procedures for their respective departments.
- Assists in developing and conducting management training on a variety of leadership and HR topics.
- Assists in overseeing preparation of reports required by government agencies.
- Oversee Workers Compensation programs, ensuring claims and reports are submitted on timely basis.
- Support operational efforts through proper staffing and training of associates.
- Assist with planning, coordinating and executing employee activities and events, including monthly staff meeting, food festivals, annual picnic, farewell party, community services.
- Issue staff or training experience and conduct certificates.
- Assists in the administration of the Hotel's social and staff benefit programs Eg: Employee of the Month, and other staff separation incentives.
- Provide guidance to the leadership team regarding employee morale, employee relations, coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Promote employee communication activities and channels, to encourage and enable feedback from staff.
- Responsible for all back office and administration tasks of the department.
- Develops and maintains confidential departmental staff and associated files, documents, pay scale details and/or other important databases.
- Ensure that employees personal files are maintained with all necessary mandatory documents (KRA).
- Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- Responds to changes in the Human Resources function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
- To coordinate and conduct exit interviews and communicate to corporate with a feedback.
- To coordinate all the issues of the transferred employees.
- Notice Board management
- To ensure compliance of statutory requirements on time(KRA)
- Coordinating &assisting with the Colleges for interviews for necessary Talent requirements, preparing offer letters, acceptance letters,
- Ensuring that all the pre joining formalities and documentation are complied with. Coordinating the accommodation, uniform & bringing them onboard as per the scheduled dates.
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment handbook.
- Comply with company grooming standards at all times to portray a professional image of self and the hotel.
- Comply with time and attendance policies set by the hotel.
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to health, hygiene and fire life safety.
- Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Travel / Hotels / Restaurants / Airlines / Railways
Functional Area: HR, Recruitment, Administration, IR
Role Category: HR/ Recruitment / IR
Role: HR Manager
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
PG - MBA/PGDM - Any Specialization, HR/Industrial Relations
Mayfair Hotels And Resorts Limited
MAYFAIR Hotels & Resorts Ltd runs luxury properties spread across a melange of captivating settings in India including dreamlike mountains, idyllic beaches and vibrant cities. Guests can choose from varied options like a heritage property up in the hills, a beautiful beachfront hotel, a delightful spa resort or a business hotel amongst others. The ten hotels and resorts are set in four diverse Indian states with the locations being Goa, Gangtok in Sikkim, Darjeeling in West Bengal, Kalimpong in West Bengal, Bhubaneswar, Puri, Rourkela and Gopalpur in Orissa. We offer authentic hospitality, thoughtful service, lavish accommodation and world class facilities. We believe in the adage, â€œStay with Us, Stay with Natureâ€� and this is well exhibited in the emphasis on an affinity to nature in the fetching architecture, the beautiful landscaping and the overall design of our properties.