CORE WORK ACTIVITIES: Managing Supplier and Vendor Relations
Managing Procurement Activities
- Negotiates with selected suppliers and obtains quotations.
- Keeps close and frequent contact with suppliers to maintain up-to-date market and product information
- Identifies and selects reliable and regular suppliers for daily food and beverage purchasing based on regular quotations.
- Attends and participates in food tasting panel for food and beverage evaluation and vendor selection.
- Prepares and negotiates contracts with selected suppliers
- Attends exhibitions/seminars for sourcing new suppliers and products with better price-performance.
- Persuades suppliers to offer or extend rebate program.
- Verifies and authorizes procurement orders
- Places orders and expedites deliveries
- Prepares tender invitations and executes tender openings for selected items and compares tenders for procurement decisions
- Sources alternative products with competitive prices, while striving to maintain better or comparable quality, standards and services.
- Prepares and submits monthly cost saving report to Director of Finance
- Explores opportunities for green procurement and actively participates in the recycling program.
- Provides suggestions to other departments to achieve cost savings while still fulfilling their requirements.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Travel / Hotels / Restaurants / Airlines / Railways
Functional Area: Supply Chain, Logistics, Purchase, Materials
Role Category: Purchase/Material Management
Role: Material Management Executive/Manager
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time
Mayfair Hotels And Resorts Limited
MAYFAIR Hotels & Resorts Ltd runs luxury properties spread across a melange of captivating settings in India including dreamlike mountains, idyllic beaches and vibrant cities. Guests can choose from varied options like a heritage property up in the hills, a beautiful beachfront hotel, a delightful spa resort or a business hotel amongst others. The ten hotels and resorts are set in four diverse Indian states with the locations being Goa, Gangtok in Sikkim, Darjeeling in West Bengal, Kalimpong in West Bengal, Bhubaneswar, Puri, Rourkela and Gopalpur in Orissa. We offer authentic hospitality, thoughtful service, lavish accommodation and world class facilities. We believe in the adage, ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œStay with Us, Stay with NatureÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¯Â¿Â½ and this is well exhibited in the emphasis on an affinity to nature in the fetching architecture, the beautiful landscaping and the overall design of our properties.